News

Actions

Pet killed, two people hospitalized in San Diego house fire

KGTV-Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 12:49 PM, Mar 24, 2017
and last updated 2017-03-24 18:32:06-04

SAN DIEGO (KGTV) -- San Diego fire crews are investigating a fire that killed a family pet and sent two people to the hospital late Friday morning.

Firefighters responded to the blaze at home 537 S. 36th St. in the Mountain View community.

A man was inside the house sleeping at the time of the fire, he told 10News, but doesn't know how it started. His Rottweiler was killed in the blaze.

A second dog survived the fire after it was given CPR.

Two people were taken to an area hospital, a woman for smoke inhalation, the other for evaluation. Their conditions are unknown at this time.

Stay with 10News for updates on this developing story.