LAKESIDE, Calif. (KGTV) - A neighbor ran inside a woman’s burning Lakeside home to save a dog from the fire.
The fire broke out just before 2 p.m. at the mobile home park on Herritt Rd.
The 76-year-old homeowner told 10News she was pulling her car into the carport and hit something, possibly a gas or propane line. The line immediately starting misting, then flames broke out.
Neighbors saw what was happening and pulled the woman out of her car to safety. Another neighbor ran inside the burning mobile home to save Wesley, the woman’s dog.
The homeowner needed oxygen but is otherwise fine.