Spectrum contractor in N.Y. electrocuted on the job

MACHIAS, N.Y. - A contractor for Spectrum Cable has died after being electrocuted Wednesday afternoon in Yorkshire, N.Y., according to New York State Police.

National Grid tells us 39-year-old James Fogg, of Maine, came in contact with a primary electric line. He has been identified by NYSP.

The incident happened around 4:30 p.m.

Investigators determined Fogg was in the area working for S.G. Communications, running cable television lines. He was in the basket of a bucket truck when he came into contact with a primary electric line, causing him to be exposed to high voltage.

Fogg was taken to the Bertrand Chaffee Hospital, where he later died as result of his injuries.

Print this article Back to Top