NewsLocal News

Actions

Wife and husband burned in kitchen fire in Bay Terraces

Off-road biker rescued after falling near San Pasqual Valley
Posted at 9:21 PM, Aug 11, 2019
and last updated 2019-08-12 00:21:56-04

SAN DIEGO (CNS) - A woman who caught herself on fire in her kitchen and her husband were burned when he rushed in to help his wife inside their home in the Bay Terraces neighborhood Sunday, fire officials said.

The stove fire inside a home on the 7500 block of Careybrook Lane ignited about 3 p.m. Sunday, fire officials said.

The husband used whatever he could find in order to help his wife, San Diego Fire Department Battalion Chief Brian Raines said.

"Eventually, there was water used from a bathroom," San Diego police Lt. Mike Ramsay told the station. "But due to whatever was used (by the husband) part of the flash, part of the fire, his clothing caught on fire."

The husband and wife were taken to the UCSD hospital burn center. Their current conditions were unknown.