NewsLocal NewsSan Diego News


Doctor charged in local prowling and peeking case to have license revoked

Posted at 4:38 PM, Dec 01, 2020
and last updated 2020-12-02 09:11:42-05

SAN DIEGO (KGTV) - The Medical Board of California (MBC) has filed an order to revoke the license of Dr. Jeffrey Lovin, a San Diego County radiologist who’s facing charges related to prowling and peeking.

ABC 10News first reported on Dr. Lovin last year after his ex-girlfriend shared home security video of a man lurking in her North County backyard while she and her fiancé were inside. She said the man in the video is Dr. Lovin.

He’s been charged with multiple counts related to prowling and peeking and violating a protective order. He’s pleaded not guilty and will stand trial next March.

Dr. Lovin was already on probation with the MBC for other criminal activity.

The Board has now issued an order to revoke his license on Dec. 18 for mental or physical impairment and unprofessional conduct by failing to comply with the terms of his probation.

“We never know if we're safe,” his ex-girlfriend told ABC 10News on Tuesday. We’re not using her name or showing her face. She said that she and her fiancé Frank Zeigler still live in fear. “I hear any noise at night and I'm out front seeing what's going on at my home,” he said and added, “We lock all our doors and keep all our blinds closed around the clock.”

“We want him to lose his license so he doesn’t do this to anybody else and we feel like this is the first step toward a little justice,” Zeigler later added.

On Tuesday, ABC 10News spoke to someone at the law office that has represented Dr. Lovin. She declined to connect us to with him to see if he wanted to offer any comment.

On Tuesday, a spokesperson for the Board wrote to ABC 10News, “Dr. Jeffrey Lovin may practice medicine under the terms of his current probation until the revocation of his license takes effect on Dec. 18, 2020. Dr. Lovin may petition the Board for a stay and reconsideration of the decision to revoke his license or file a writ in superior court to challenge the decision before it comes effective.”