COSTA MESA, Calif. (KGTV) -- Korean-made vehicles rank at the top of the list for quality in 2019 while many other brands haven't improved, according to a new report by J.D. Power.
The report also found that problems with driver assistance systems are increasing as the advance systems become more common.
Overall, the highest-ranking brands include Genesis, Kia and Hyundai, which are all produced by Korean manufacturer Hyundai Motor Group.
Domestic brands like Ford, Lincoln, Chevrolet, Dodge and Buick all performed better than the industry average, but overall are close to the average as far as quality.
According to the report, all European brands fell below average for quality, especially falling behind in infotainment and electronic categories.
If you’re hoping to splurge, the Porsche 911 has the best score of any model for the second year in a row.
“Automakers continue to make progress in areas like infotainment that attract a lot of consumer attention,” said Dave Sargent, Vice President of Global Automotive at J.D. Power.
“However, some traditional problems crept up this year including paint imperfections, brake and suspension noises, engines not starting and the ‘check engine’ light coming on early in the ownership experience. Also, more people are having issues with their advanced driver assistance systems, which are critical for building consumer trust in future automated vehicles.”
Check out the list below for highest-ranking vehicles:
- Hyundai Motor Group models that rank highest in their respective segments are Genesis G70; Hyundai Santa Fe; Kia Forte; Kia Rio; Kia Sedona; and Kia Sportage.
- General Motors Company models that rank highest in their segments are Cadillac Escalade; Chevrolet Equinox; Chevrolet Malibu; Chevrolet Silverado HD; and Chevrolet Tahoe.
- BMW AG models that rank highest in their segments are BMW 2 Series; BMW X4; and MINI Cooper.
- Ford Motor Company models that rank highest in their segments are Ford Fusion and Ford Ranger.
- Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. models that rank highest in their segments are Nissan Maxima and Nissan Titan.