VISTA, Calif. (KGTV) – A second woman took the stand Wednesday against former NFL player Kellen Winslow II, who faces rape accusations.
Four of five accusers are expected to give testimony, with one alleged victim already sharing her story in court about her encounter with the football player.
On Tuesday, a 55-year-old woman took the stand and claimed the 35-year-old Winslow took her to a North County field and forced her to climb a fence in March 2018.
The woman identified as Jane Doe 1 said Winslow changed his mind and raped her inside his SUV.
“He threatened to kill me. I really believe that he would’ve. I really believed that he would’ve chopped me up,” Jane Doe 1 testified.
However, Winslow’s attorney pointed out inconsistencies in her story and said the sex between the Jane Doe 1 and the football star was consensual.
The defense pointed out that Jane Doe 1 had previously lied to the jury about being sober for 30 years and noted that she had been arrested at least 11 times for public intoxication.
Winslow, the son of former San Diego Chargers star Kellen Winslow, faces life in prison if he is convicted of charges that include rape, kidnapping and indecent exposure.
Prosecutors described Winslow as a serial rapist who, despite being given so much in life, took even more from vulnerable people.
Wednesday afternoon, 59-year-old Jane Doe II took the stand.
"He grabbed my arms, told me we’re going to have sex," she said. “I was very afraid the whole time I thought I was never going to get out alive."
Winslow’s defense team said the ex-NFL tight end was in the spotlight, making him a target for others to take advantage of.
Winslow’s attorney Brian Watkins maintains the sex between his client and the alleged victims was consensual. He also said that while Winslow may have been unfaithful numerous times, his actions were immoral and not illegal.
The trial is expected to last through mid-June.
Winslow II grew up in San Diego and attended Patrick Henry and Scripps Ranch high schools before heading to the University of Miami. He played for four NFL teams between 2004 and 2013.
Associted Press reporter Julie Watson contributed to this report