NewsLocal News

Actions

Dog dies in apartment fire in Normal Heights

Palm trees on fire
Posted at 6:36 PM, Dec 23, 2018
and last updated 2018-12-23 21:36:10-05

NORMAL HEIGHTS (KGTV) - A dog died in an apartment fire in Normal Heights on Sunday afternoon.

The fire started around 4:12 p.m. at 3546 Monroe Avenue.

Officials say the owner had multiple dogs living in the unit, but only one was killed. No other injuries were reported.

The fire was extinguished in less than 10 minutes. It started as a couch fire, caused by a faulty extension cord, officials said.