SANTEE, Calif. (KGTV) – Authorities said Friday reports of a driver who approached three boys as they walked to school in Santee Friday morning and demanded they get into a car were unfounded.
San Diego County sheriff’s officials said three boys originally reported being contacted by a driver on Carlton Oaks Drive, near Nalini Court, when a red car drove up next to them. The boys said the driver told them to get into the car, but they refused and ran away.
SDSO later said after further investigation, the reports from the boys were unfounded.
Earlier this week, three attempted luring incidents occurred in El Cajon, with one of them near Flying Hills Elementary School. A fourth incident was reported in Lakeside near Lakeside Middle School.