(KGTV)--Frito-Lay has recalled Miss Vickie's Kettle Cooked potato chips and Lay's Kettle Cooked potato chips over worries the seasoning used may be contaminated with salmonella, according to the federal Food and Drug Administration.
Salmonella can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems.
Healthy individuals might experience a salmonella infection as fever, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain.
Specific product information is as follows:
- All sizes of the following products with a "guaranteed fresh" date of JUL 4 or prior:
- Jalapeño Flavored Lay's Kettle Cooked potato chips
- Jalapeño Flavored Miss Vickie's Kettle Cooked potato chips
- All mutipack products that has a "use by" date of JUN 20 or prior printed on the multipack package. In addition, a "guaranteed fresh" date of JUL 4 or prior is printed on the front upper panel of the individual recalled product packages inside the multipack:
- 12-count Lay's Kettle Cooked Multipack Sack
- 20-count Frito-Lay Bold Mix Sack
- 30-count Miss Vicki's Multipack Tray
- 30-count Lay's Kettle Cooked Multipack Tray
- 32-count Miss Vickie's Multipack Box
Sandy Coronilla is a KGTV digital producer. Follow her @10NewsSandy