SAN DIEGO -- It would be pretty tough not to find a great taco in San Diego and today you'll find some great offers around town.
That's because not only is it 'Taco Tuesday,' but Oct. 4 is also National Taco Day. Several local restaurants will be offering special deals in honor of the unofficial holiday:
- Baja Betty's - $2 Taco Tuesday specials
- Chipotle - After trying it in five markets, the big chain is using the day to add chorizo, the spicy Mexican sausage, as an ingredient in its dishes — including tacos.
- Del Taco - Regular, crispy-shell tacos three for $1.29 from 3 p.m. to 11 p.m. You can also get 2 free grilled chicken tacos by signing up for their Raving Fan E-Club
- El Pollo Loco - Free Taco Al Carbon by signing up for their My Loco Rewards program
- El Torito - $2 tacos (grilled steak, chicken, carnitas and Mahi Mahi). Also, all-you-can-eat tacos for $10.99
- On the Border - Mini tacos for 50 cents
- Qdoba - Free drink or order of chips and salsa when you sign up for their rewards program
- Rubio's Mexican Grill - Original fish tacos for $1.75
- Taco Bell - Taco Day greeting cards
- More - the best Taco Tuesday spots in San Diego
Know of a great deal we should add to the list? Send us an email!