Las Vegas’ entertainment industry is uniting in unprecedented fashion in support of the victims of the October 1 tragedy.
On Dec. 1 at 7:30 p.m., T-Mobile Arena will host the Vegas Strong Benefit Concert, a special evening of entertainment featuring Boyz II Men, Cirque du Soleil, David Copperfield, Imagine Dragons, Penn & Teller, The Killers, and others soon to be announced.
Proceeds from the event will benefit the Las Vegas Victims Fund.
Tickets ranging from $75 - $125 go on sale tomorrow, Nov. 8, at 10 a.m. and will be available online at www.AXS.com or by calling the AXS Call Center at 888.929.7849.
Here's a look at some of the acts scheduled to perform.
Boyz II Men
- Nathan Morris of Boyz II Men said, “Las Vegas has embraced us since the moment we arrived. We are honored to be part of this event, and play a role in the healing process for the community and all those impacted by this tragedy.
Cirque du Soleil
- Jerry Nadal, Cirque du Soleil’s Senior Vice President of the Resident Show Division said, “We look forward to standing together with this amazing city to pay tribute to all those affected by the October 1st tragedy and show the strength and resilience of this community.”
- “What happened last month was such a tragedy, but people came together immediately to support each other and help ease the pain. I’m honored to be part of this benefit as we continue to show the love and strength of the Vegas community.”
- “Las Vegas is our home, and it’s an incredible, tight-knit community. The world has seen the resilience, unity and heart of the city this last month,” said Imagine Dragons. “This show is about raising money to help those impacted by the tragedy and about experiencing the healing that comes from gathering to celebrate the bonds we share.”
Penn & Teller
- “Teller and I are humbled to be asked to pay tribute and to help those affected and those who aided in last month’s tragedy. Mr. Rogers once said we should ‘Look for the helpers,’ during difficult times. We are proud to join our fellow Las Vegas entertainers in giving a little help to the real helpers and heroes in our incredible community,” said Penn Jillette of Penn & Teller.
- “For us, Las Vegas is a vital part of who we are as a band and who we are as human beings. We are humbled to be from a place where people rise in the face of tragedy to do what’s right. Please join us as we do what we do best in honor of those who lost their lives and celebrate the heart and humanity that keeps us united,” said Ronnie, Mark, Dave and Brandon.