OCEANSIDE, Calif. (KGTV) - A woman, her two children and a neighbor were sent to the hospital Friday morning after a fire broke out at an Oceanside apartment unit.
The 1-alarm fire erupted shortly after 9:10 a.m. at the Country Villas Apartments at 283 Douglas Drive.
Fire officials said the flames broke out in the kitchen. A neighbor noticed smoke and went to the apartment to help the family who was sleeping inside.
The neighbor and the woman were taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation. The woman's two young children, who were in the next room with her husband, were flown to Rady Children's Hospital for smoke inhalation. The woman's husband did not need medical attention.
Responding firefighters were able to contain the blaze to one apartment unit.