Valentine's Day is Tuesday and restaurants are rolling out all sorts of special deals.
If you were hoping for free meals, you might be disappointed. But you will find some nice discounts and specials.
Most talked-about deal
The most-talked about Valentines's Deal this year is not one most people would want to take a date on. But if you recently broken up with someone, it could be fun taking your friends out to this one.
- Hooters is having a #ShredYourEx promotion, where if you bring in a photo of your ex girlfriend or boyfriend, and rip it up, you will get 10 free chicken wings. (Bring your significant other only if she thinks ripping up a photo of your ex would be fun).
Great deals for couples
The website GoBankingRates.com complied a list of some of the best 2017 deals for couples, which include:
- Bucca di Beppo: From Feb. 12-14, feast on a heart-shaped lasagna, small mixed green or Caesar salad, small garlic bread and three chocolate chip cannoli. Dine-in only.
- Boston Market: Through Feb. 18, you can enjoy $4 off any $20 purchase with coupon code 39238.
- California Pizza Kitchen: Get one appetizer, two entrees and one dessert for $35 from Feb. 10-14.
- Chili’s: Dinner for two for just $20. No coupon code needed, and diners enjoy an appetizer and two full-size entrees for the price..
- Lone Star Steakhouse: Get a two for $20 deal, which includes one appetizer, two salads and two entrees.
- Macaroni Grill: Sign up for the newsletter and take $5 off your next visit, including on Valentine’s Day.
- Maggiano’s: Start your meal with an appetizer or two side salads, followed by two entrees and a dessert to share for $85. Includes wine.
- Melting Pot: Enjoy a starter, cheese fondue, salad, your choice of entrees and chocolate fondue for dessert. Prices and menus vary by location.
- Morton’s Steakhouse: Feast on Morton’s steak and cold water lobster combo for $56 from Feb.10-14.
- Olive Garden: New Never-Ending Classics start at $11.99. The meal comes with breadsticks and unlimited soup or salad. Deal is good for a limited time in February.
- Outback Steakhouse: Since true love never gets old, AARP members can take 10 percent off their entire check.
- Panera: Take 50 percent off orders of $5 or more with coupon code BOLFD through March 31.
- Seasons52: Dine on a four-course dinner for two with a sparkling wine toast for $60. Valid Feb.12-13.
- Steak ‘n Shake: Present this coupon to get a free iced tea with the purchase of a regular-priced fried chicken or grilled chicken salad at participating locations through Feb. 19. All milkshakes are also buy one, get one free.
- Auntie Anne’s: The pretzel chain is offering a buy one, get one heart-shaped pretzel to their Pretzel Perks members
“Don't Waste Your Money” is a registered trademark of Scripps Media, Inc. (“Scripps”).
Follow John on Twitter (@JohnMatarese)
Sign up for John's free Newsletter by clicking here
You can save on local dining, tickets and attractions with WCPO Insider. Get access to a Digital Premium Subscription of the Washington Post and original storytelling by our award-winning journalists.