SAN DIEGO (KGTV) - Beginning Thursday, there will be intermittent closures on Balboa Ave. and Garnet Ave. due to construction. This work is part of the Mid-Coast Trolley Project.
Crews will be dismantling the Balboa Ave. Railroad Bridge that extends from Garnet Ave. to east of I-5.
The construction work will cause lane and ramp closures overnight through July.
Here is what to expect:
- Closures will be in effect on either westbound or eastbound Balboa Ave./Garnet Ave., from I-5 to Moraga Ave.
- Full closure of the Balboa Ave./Garnet Ave. off-ramp from northbound I-5 will occur whenever eastbound Garnet Ave. is closed.
- Closures of the Morena Blvd. on-and off-ramps will be in place while closures are in effect on Balboa Ave./Garnet Ave.
- N. Morena Blvd. ramps will be closed during the westbound Balboa Ave./Garnet Ave. closures
- S. Morena Blvd. ramps will be closed during the eastbound Balboa Ave./Garnet Ave. closures.
Alternate routes available:
- Motorists will have access to Morena Blvd. via alternate ramps.
- There will be a detour to Damon Ave. to access Santa Fe St. while westbound Balboa Ave./Garnet Ave. is closed.
There will be traffic controls and detour signs to alert motorists.
for more information on lane and ramp closures.