Back to school health checklist
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is reminding parents of ways to make sure they help their child get off to a positive and healthy school year with a checklist of important issues to consider. Here's what the CDC recommends parents to begin checking off their back to school list.
- Get engaged with your child's learning and progress. Connecting with them throughout the year will ensure positive health and educational outcomes.Photo by: Sean Gallup/Getty Images
- Get your kids active through the summer.Photo by: jacarinoSXC
- Help your child develop effective study skills and learning methods before heading into classes. Discuss ways to organize and retain information and stay involved with their studies.Photo by: Christopher Furlong/Getty Images
- If you suspect your child may have behavioral conditions, consider looking into behavioral therapy or appropriate medical care to help them excel in class.Photo by: AP
- Know who to call when it comes to your child's education. Positive education outcomes foster healthy students.Photo by: Sean Gallup/Getty Images