SAN DIEGO - U.S. and Mexican authorities are investigating the discovery of a cross-border drug tunnel that reportedly connects Tijuana to Otay Mesa.
Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials confirmed the discovery Thursday afternoon but did not provide any further details.
10News learned that Mexican federal authorities surrounded an ice shop in a Tijuana neighborhood earlier in the day. Authorities entered the business and broke through the floor to find the tunnel entrance.
The tunnel stretches about 400 yards, 10News learned.
No arrests have been made as of 5 p.m. Thursday.
Other Border Tunnel Stories:
• Drug tunnel found in Otay Mesa equipped with rail system, elevator
• Cross-border tunnel extends length of 4 football fields
• Elaborate drug tunnel uncovered in San Diego, 16 captured
• Man admits smuggling drugs via underwater tunnel
• Border tunnel discovered near Tijuana airport: 'A pit bull was there to stand guard'