It took firefighters from three fire departments about 30 minutes to put out a house fire in Vista that started in the garage and quickly spread, authorities said Sunday.
The quick-moving flames were helped by a strong onshore wind Saturday afternoon at about 3:30 p.m. in the 1900 block of Cuervo Road, according to Vista Fire Deputy Chief Ned Vander Pol. No one was injured, but the house was almost a total loss.
Damage was estimated at about $300,000 in the fire, which apparently was caused by faulty electrical wiring. About two dozen firefighters from the Vista, San Marcos and Oceanside Fire Departments responded to the fire.