The holidays are a great time of year to spend with family and enjoy a little seasonal magic, but they can also get expensive.
Fortunately for San Diegans, there are a lot of free events happening all over the county this holiday season.
Below is a list of free holiday events to check out in San Diego County:
- Balboa Park’s December Nights December 1-2, 2017 – During this two day event, Balboa Park opens its museums for free. There will also be holiday events around the park and, of course, food.
- Coronado Holiday Parade and Open House December 1, 2017 – Santa will arrive on a Ferry at the Coronado Ferry Landing that will be followed by a parade and tree lighting. Santa arrives at 3:20 p.m., the parade is at 6 p.m. and the Christmas tree lighting at Rotary Plaza will take place at 7 p.m.
- North Park Toyland Parade December 2, 2017 – This parade will feature large balloons, floats, bands and much more for the whole family to enjoy. The parade begins at 11 a.m.
- Little Italy Christmas Tree Lighting December 2, 2017 – This 25-foot tower of more than 1,100 Poinsettias will be lit up the whole evening before the community gathers at the new 20 foot tall live tree that will be lit at 6:30 p.m.
- Chula Vista Starlight Parade December 2, 2017 – Get into the holiday spirit in the South Bay with this festive parade. The festivities kick off at 2 p.m.
- Old Town Holiday In The Park December 2 – 17, 2017 – San Diego’s Old Town will be decorated for the holidays. There will also be a tree lighting and bonfires each night from dusk to 9 p.m.
- La Jolla Christmas Parade and Festival December 3, 2017 – This fun-filled event in beautiful La Jolla kicks off at 1:30 p.m. and will include marching bands, floats and an appearance by Santa in downtown La Jolla.
- Gaslamp Holiday Pet Parade December 10 – Owners will bring their pets to march down San Diego’s historic Gaslamp. The event kicks off at 3:00 p.m.
- San Diego Bay Parade of Lights December 10 and 17, 2017 – This fun event features more than 100 boats decked out with holiday lights. The parade kicks off at 5 p.m.
- Walk around the Hotel del – The famous Hotel del on Coronado will be decorated for the season all throughout December. The hotel will be decked out with holiday lights and also features an upside down Christmas tree in the lobby.