SAN DIEGO (KGTV) — In lieu of going door-to-door throughout the neighborhood, some parents will instead take their kids to a one-stop shop for candy and safety.
On Halloween, multiple places will be running family-friendly, safety-oriented events to give parents the ability to take the kids trick-or-treating with peace of mind.
So on Halloween night, consider these events for some spooky — and safe — fun!
Alpine Harvest Festival — Alpine Christian Fellowship
- Bring the kids to Alpine Christian Fellowship for trunk or treating, live music, games and rides, and more!
Pillage the Village in La Jolla — La Jolla Village
- Participating La Jolla Village businesses have the goods! Visit them on Halloween dressed in your scariest costume for some trick-or-treating!
Halloween Trunk or Treat — Downtown El Cajon
- Head to Main Street for some trunk or treating, food, and fun for the whole family!
Haunted Station — San Diego Police Southeastern Division (7222 Skyline Drive)
- Head over to the San Diego Police southeastern division headquarters for their annual "haunted station" event.
Trick-or-treating — Pathways Community Church
- Take the kids trick-or-treating through the doors on the church's campus, and enjoy some popcorn and kid-friendly Halloween movies.
Trick-or-treating — Las Americas Premium Outlets
- Visit the La Americas outlets for some free trick-or-treating and get a free trick-or-treating bag!
Encinitas safe trick-or-treating — (Encinitas Blvd to K Street)
- Trick-or-treaters can visit "Pumpkin Lane" as local businesses stay up late to welcome trick-or-treaters to Highway 101.
Owl-O-Ween — The Living Coast Discovery Center
- Explore Sweetwater Marsh for a night of trick-or-treating stations, fun crafts, and giveaways!
Trick-or-treating Around the Center — Grossmont Center
- Dawn your best Halloween costume and trick-or-treat around stores and restaurants in Grossmont Center. Don't miss the Ms. Smarty-Plants show to learn about creepy crawlies!