Celebrating everyday heroes! It’s the 5th annual Live Well San Diego 5K.
Be a hero and joins us on Sunday, July 29th as the County of San Diego, ABC10, San Diego County Credit Union and the San Diego Blood Bank celebrate the hero in all of us with a super-hero themed race and 1-mile Kids Fun Run!
REGISTER NOW BEFORE July 15
Live Well San Diego 5K
Sunday, July 29, 2018
Race Starts at 7:30 AM
Kids 1-Mile Fun Run Starts at 8:15 AM
Waterfront Park, 1600 Pacific Highway, San Diego
- Interact with local heroes from our military, police and fire
- Enjoy family-friendly activities and vendors
- Nosh on local food truck offerings
Join the San Diego Padres after the race for an afternoon of baseball as the Padres face the Diamondbacks at 1:10 pm. Specially discounted tickets are available with promo code "LWSD5K" and include a donation back to the San Diego Blood Bank.
Proceeds from the Live Well 5K will benefit the San Diego Blood Bank’s lifesaving programs and services, which include bloodmobiles, Cord Blood and Cell Therapy programs, research projects, equipment and education.
Why support the event and the San Diego Blood Bank?
- Approximately 34% of the U.S. population is eligible to donate blood – less than 10 percent do annually. In California, less than 5% donate annually.
- The Blood Bank collects approximately 100,000 units of blood products annually for area hospital patients.
- About 1 in 7 people entering a hospital need blood.
- One pint of blood can save up to 3 lives.