SAN DIEGO (KGTV) — ABC 10News is peeling back the curtain to show you the history of the TV station as our 70th anniversary rapidly approaches. In order to accurately tell that story, we need to speak to the players involved.
Throughout September, we will share firsthand experiences and insight from Channel 10 reporters, anchors, meteorologists and more of our former journalists.
Typically, it was their job to tell your stories from the community, but now we have the chance to reverse the roles and give you the perspective of what it's like to report on San Diego's top stories. For the former employees who are no longer with us, ABC 10News spoke to people close to them for memories of their TV careers.
The following familiar faces were featured in the series so far:
- Sports reporter Hal Clement (22 years total at station, first joined in 1970 and returned in late '90s)
- Reporter Herb Cawthorne (1989 to 2003)
- Weathercaster Pat Brown (2009 to 2015)
- Anchor Phoebe Chongchua (1990 to 2009)
- Reporter and anchor Susan Farrell (1976 to 1987)
- Anchor, reporter and producer John Beatty (1968 to 2002)
- Reporter — 10News Troubleshooter Marti Emerald (1985 to 2007)
- Anchor and reporter Steve Atkinson (2006 to 2022)
- Anchor and reporter Jack White (late '60s to early 2000s)
- Weathercaster Captain Mike Ambrose (1973 to 2001)
- Anchor — Perspectives commentary Michael Tuck (1984 to 1990)
Head to the video player at the top of this page to hear from the 10News alumni for yourself.