SAN DIEGO (KGTV)-- During Monday morning's press conference, San Diego Police Chief Shelley Zimmerman provided the following timeline for Sunday evening's mass shooting at a La Jolla apartment complex pool where one woman lost her life and six others were hospitalized:
• 6:06 p.m.: The police communications department receives call saying two people were shot near pool area
• 6:06 p.m.: A second called said they hear 5-7 gunshots and see someone outside with a gun
• 6:07 p.m. - 6:13 p.m.: 20 officers including helicopter are dispatched to scene. Between this time, more calls come in that three to four victims are down in the pool area and the suspect is a white male in his 40s.
• 6:13 p.m.: Ground units arrive on scene. Chopper sees armed suspect in pool area and directs ground units to where he was. As police approached the area, the suspect fired his weapon and continued to fire until a sergeant and two officers shot him and he was pronounced deceased.
- Motive in mass shooting still unknown
- Witness says shooter appeared 'relaxed'
- Accused gunman was complex resident, had mounting debt
- Timeline of mass shooting at University City apartment complex
- PHOTOS: Mass shooting in University City
- 1 dead, several injured in mass shooting at University City apartment complex