SAN DIEGO (KGTV) - San Diego County residents who were evacuated due to the Lilac Fire had the all-clear to return home Sunday.
Cal Fire released tips for anyone allowed into the burn zone:
- Watch for hot spots which may flare up
- Avoid damaged power poles or lines and downed wires
- Report electrical damage to others
- Watch for ash pits
- Avoid burned trees and power poles
- Check the stability of trees on your property
- Hazardous materials and structural damage pose a threat to your health and safety
County officials say you should wait to delay your property cleanup until your property has been checked by a damage assessment team member or you could jeopardize your insurance claims. You can get information about the County's assessment by calling 211. You can also call your insurance company for guidance.
RELATED: SDG&E shuts off power for safety