Fans of the Arizona Cardinals will have to pay a pretty high price to support their team this season.
According to a report from HomeToGo, the Cardinals will be the most expensive team to support in the upcoming NFL season.
To find out the cost of following each team this year, HomeToGo created a Football Price Index which calculated the price of tickets and game day snacks for every game, along with travel and accommodation for away games for one person.
Following this index, the report said that Cardinals fans would spend an estimated $6,774.21 this season, which makes them the most expensive team to follow.
By these standards, the Pittsburgh Steelers are the cheapest team to follow at an estimated $3,983.25, according to the report.
HomeToGo broke down each of the guidelines their index was based on:
- The prices for accommodation during away games was determined by using HomeToGo's own vacation rental and search function.
- The prices for tickets and gameday snacks for the upcoming season are based on the pricing that each team charged in the 2016 season.
- Travel costs were determined by using online flight aggregators.
- For away games that were less than five hours away, HomeToGo calculated the cost of driving instead of using an online trip cost calculator.
- Fans of the Jacksonville Jaguars will reportedly spend less on tickets than any other team at $1,218.29 for the 2017 campaign.
The price index also found that fans of the New England Patriots will spend more money on tickets than any other team at $1,786.76 for the whole season.
The report also says that Cardinals fans will spend more on transportation than any other team at $4,007 for the season.
HomeToGo'sNFL Price Index for all 32 teams can be found here