NewsPolitics

Actions

DC Daily: President slams Cohen over recording; Trump's Walk of Fame star vandalized

Posted: 6:14 AM, Jul 25, 2018
Updated: 2018-07-25 18:40:15Z
Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame star destroyed
Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame star destroyed

What's happening in the political world on Wednesday, July 25, 2018:

Trump’s Walk of Fame star destroyed
-- For the second time in less than two years, Donald Trump’s star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame was vandalized -- this time by someone using a pickax.

ABC7 in Los Angeles reported police officers responded to reports of someone vandalizing a star on Hollywood Boulevard at around 3 a.m. Wednesday.

Witnesses told ABC7 that a man carrying a guitar case walked up to Trump’s star, removed a pickax from the case and began slamming the ax directly into the star.

ABC7 reported that the man suspected in the incident surrendered to Beverly Hills police a few hours later.

The man's motive remains unclear.

In October 2016, a man wearing a construction worker outfit used a pickax and sledgehammer to destroy Trump’s star.


Trump slams ex-attorney over audio recording
-- President Trump blasted his former attorney Michael Cohen on Wednesday, the morning after CNN aired the audio of a recording Cohen made of the two.

The president tweeted: "What kind of a lawyer would tape a client? So sad! Is this a first, never heard of it before? Why was the tape so abruptly terminated (cut) while I was presumably saying positive things? I hear there are other clients and many reporters that are taped - can this be so? Too bad!"

In the audio aired first on CNN's "Cuomo Prime Time," Trump and Cohen can be heard discussing how they would buy the rights to former Playboy model Karen McDougal's story about an alleged affair she had with Trump years earlier, which Trump denies. Court filings said federal prosecutors have 12 recordings from Cohen, and CNN previously confirmed the recording with Trump is among those 12.


Trump: China targeting American farmers
-- President Trump accused China of being “vicious” in targeting American farmers “as a way of getting to me.”

Trump’s statements come a day after he announced a plan to provide $12 billion in emergency relief for farmers in the U.S.

Trump tweeted: “China is targeting our farmers, who they know I love & respect, as a way of getting me to continue allowing them to take advantage of the U.S. They are being vicious in what will be their failed attempt. We were being nice - until now! China made $517 Billion on us last year.”

He also said of critics of the relief plan: “When you have people snipping at your heels during a negotiation, it will only take longer to make a deal, and the deal will never be as good as it could have been with unity. Negotiations are going really well, be cool. The end result will be worth it!”

The plan to aid farmers is expected to go into effect in early September.


CNN contributed to this report