Neighbors: Dogs being poisoned at Grape Street Dog Park

Posted at 10:27 PM, Jun 22, 2017
and last updated 2017-06-23 08:23:24-04

SAN DIEGO (KGTV) --One dog is dead, after possibly getting poisoned at a local park. Now, 10News is getting reports of a second dog dying after visiting the same park.

The warning is posted on a hand-written flyer at the park. No one knows who put it there, but they say it it does'nt look like the city put it there. 

10News reporter Anthony Pura spoke with one of the dog owners. She says her dog, Porky, died hours after getting home from the Grape Street Dog Park.

The 6-year-old Yorkshire Terrier died two days ago. His owner, who asked us to keep her name private,  says the Grape Street Dog Park was the last place they visited together. Four hours after they got home, "Porky" started acting sick and suddenly died. 

After talking to other park visitors, she thinks her dog may have eaten something dangerous. Unfortunately, she can't confirm what it was. 

If you think your dog has been poisoned, the pet poison helpline says you should remove it from the area immediately. Do not attempt to treat your pet without first talking to a vet or specialist. If you need help, contact the pet poison helpline.