WASHINGTON -- A report by the House Benghazi panel is faulting the military for its slow response sending resources to Benghazi, Libya, during deadly 2012 attacks on a U.S. outpost, despite clear orders from President Barack Obama and Defense Secretary Leon Panetta.
Republicans on the Benghazi committee released an 800-page report on Tuesday on the attacks that killed four Americans -- U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens, foreign service officer Sean Smith, and CIA contractors Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty.
The panel's chairman, Rep. Trey Gowdy of South Carolina said, "nothing was en route to Libya at the time the last two Americans were killed almost eight hours after the attacks began."
Gowdy said the Libyan forces that evacuated Americans from the CIA annex in Benghazi were not affiliated with any of the militias the CIA or State Department had developed a relationship with during the previous 18 months.
Smith's mother, Pat Smith, still gets visibly upset when she talks about what happened to her son.
"All I want is the truth," she said.
While the report blames the military and the Obama administration, she places blame squarely on Hillary Clinton.
"She's evil. She's an evil, evil person," Smith added. "She does not deserve to be president or anything else in our government."
"I talked to him that same day," Smith said about her son.
She said he called for more security, but it never came.
"And then he told me he was going to die," she explained.
The report said Clinton did not adequately assess the risks going in, and the military didn't react fast enough to get those men out.
"She lied to my son's face over my sons' coffin," Smith said. "Hillary put her arms around me. She said, 'Oh, it was the fault of the video', I said, 'What video?'"
The report focuses on how the administration initially blamed the attacks on an anti-Muslim video, which was not the case.
Clinton's response to new report
Clinton said the House Benghazi committee found nothing different than previous investigations into the 2012 attack.
Clinton said no one has lost more sleep than she has over the attack, which occurred while she was Secretary of State. Republicans have long criticized her handling of the incident.
She said at a campaign stop in Denver that after more than two years, the committee "found nothing -- nothing -- to contradict the conclusions of the independent accountability board," that previously investigated the attack.
The committee produced no new allegations about Clinton.
Clinton's campaign has slammed the report as partisan. She said, "I'll leave it to others to characterize this report, but I think it's time to move on."