News

Actions

Wounded Warrior Project responds to accusations

Posted: 5:24 PM, Feb 02, 2016
Updated: 2016-02-03 01:24:12Z

The Wounded Warrior Project is fighting back after being accused in a CBS News investigation of misusing millions of dollars in donated money.

The group wrote a letter to CBS, and they say they are outraged over the contents of the report, which aired last week. In the report, the group is accused of only using 60 percent of its budget to aid injured military veterans.

RELATED: Wounded Warrior Project accused of wasting donation money

In the letter, the WWP said that is false, along with a number of other statements. They are calling on CBS to correct its story, issue a retraction and an apology to the veterans and their families.

Click here to read the full letter

The letter goes on to say that CBS, at the very least, could have checked with their own executive vice president, who is a WWP board member and the audit committee chair.

The WWP Board of Directors, which is a volunteer, independent board, said there will be thorough financial and policy review.

Click here to read the board's full statement .