News

Actions

Man puts out blaze with bare hands

Posted at 6:17 AM, Apr 26, 2016
and last updated 2016-04-26 09:17:01-04
SAN DIEGO – A man suffered burn injuries after he extinguished a mobile home fire with his bare hands early Tuesday morning. 
 
The trash can fire broke out at around 1 a.m. in a mobile home in the 10700 block of Black Mountain Road. According to San Diego Fire-Rescue, the blaze started when a cigarette got tossed into a trash can. 
 
The man was able to contain the flames with his hands and keep it from spreading to the rest of the home. He was taken to a local hospital with burn injuries.