VISTA, Calif. (KGTV) -- An event happening Saturday aims to answer questions for San Diego County residents with aging parents.
The event is called "Helping Your Parents Age with Grace and Dignity While Preparing for Your Future as Well."
The event takes place on Saturday, September 7 from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at North Coast Church at 2405 North Santa Fe Avenue in Vista.
Admission to the event is free and a free continental breakfast will be provided. The event is sponsored by Golden Care.
Those who wish to attend are asked to RSVP by calling Linda Urbina at 760-637-9376 or emailing her at Linda@getgomdencare.com.
The event will cover the following topics:
• Tell-tale signs that your parents may need help to remain safely in their own home.
• How do I provide for their wishes to remain in their own home when monthly income is an issue?
• What is the difference between In-Home Care and Home Health?
• The importance of having a Medical Health Care Directive & Power of Attorney for you and your parents.
• Funding options available for seniors who need to move from their homes
• Considering Independent Living, Assisted Living Community, or a Board & Care?
• What is a 602, TB Test? When would we need them?
• The difference between Hospice and Palliative Care.
• Purchasing LTC Insurance: It is never too late to buy a policy and at an earlier age is always best!
• Veterans or surviving spouses of Veterans, find out if you qualify for the Aid & Attendance Benefit.