(KGTV)--Every family can use some help in keeping kids safe while they browse the internet.
Here's a list of some parental control apps that may help your little enjoy all that surfing the web has to offer without the worry:
- Norton Family - This software helps you monitor device browser activity and allows you to restrict inappropriate sites. Cost: $49.99
- Famingo - This is ideal for younger kids who would benefit from a browser with built-in content filtering. It also doesn't allow kids into the Android store. Cost: $.99/month or $4.99/month for additional kid-friendly apps and games
- Net Nanny - What's great about Net Nanny is that you can control it from the device itself or remotely from the computer's web browser. Think: teens. $14.99/year
- AppLock - Let's say you want to prevent your kid from using Snapchat. This tool will help you do that by password-protecting whatever apps you want. You can also lock a device's calling function. Cost: Free
- Screen Time - No, child, you can't spend 18 hours of your Saturday on your phone. This app allows parents to set specific time limits and has a built-in reward program so that if your kid does chores, they can earn extra screen time.
- Toddler Lock: Turn your screen into a doodle drawing board with this app. This will prevent you from posting gibberish Facebook status updates and encourage your little one's creativity. Cost: Free
- Mobicip: Parents rave about this app's browser filtering technology, which reads even websites that just popped up yesterday not just older sites. Cost: $39.99
Sandy Coronilla is a KGTV digital producer. Follow her @10NewsSandy