News

Actions

El Cajon businesses evacuated due to gas leak

Posted at 3:01 PM, Nov 10, 2016
and last updated 2016-11-10 22:19:24-05

EL CAJON, Calif. - Several El Cajon businesses were evacuated Thursday afternoon due to a gas leak.

It occurred on the south side of the 200 block of E. Main Street around 2:45 p.m., according to Heartland Fire and Rescue.

San Diego Gas & Electric officials said the leak, caused by a construction crews working in the area, was eventually controlled by 4 p.m.

As of 7 p.m., repairs have been made and service was being restored to the area, according to SDG&E.