SAN DIEGO (KGTV) - A possible dog poisoning case in North Park is under investigation.
A woman said she was walking her dog, Brownie, along Arizona Street, between Dwight Street and Myrtle Avenue, when they came across what looked like balls of meat laced with a green substance. Brownie dog appeared to have eaten some, and the animal was taken to the vet to be examined.
Laura Oliver, who runs Lionel’s Legacy Senior Dog, told 10News Brownie is one of their rescue dogs that has been under the care of a foster family in North Park for the past three weeks.
“Our foster did gather some of the material, took it to the vet, and our vet did believe it was consistent with rat poisoning,” Oliver said.
It’s unclear how much of the substance Brownie ate, or if any. So far, the 12-year-old lab is not showing any signs of sickness, but she will be back with doctors this week.
“This issue extends being a danger just to dogs. We are also concerned about children and wildlife in the community who could be put at risk by something like this. We will be collaborating with our law enforcement partners in this investigation,” said the San Diego Humane Society Chief of Humane Law Enforcement Steve MacKinnon.
The San Diego Humane Society is looking into the matter and asked anyone with information to contact them at 619-299-7012.