News

Actions

District: Student threatened shooting at Oceanside middle school

PROMO8_DARK_BLUE_BG.jpg
Posted at 12:14 PM, Sep 27, 2016
and last updated 2016-09-27 17:13:46-04
OCEANSIDE, Calif. – A seventh grader reportedly threatened a shooting at Lincoln Middle School in Oceanside earlier this month. 
 
The Oceanside Unified School District announced Tuesday that it learned about what it termed a “general threat” on Sept. 20. Authorities also found a “list of individuals and as well as a group of people that the person wanted to harm.”
 
The student in question was removed from the school and will not be allowed back. There was no evidence the student had access to weapons, OUSD said. The district did not confirm if the student would face charges or be placed at a different school within the district.
 
"The intervention plan for the individual is still being worked out and is confidential," OUSD said in a statement. "Again, we can confirm that the individual will not be back on the Lincoln Middle School campus."
 
Investigators believe the student was acting alone and was not part of a gang.
 
In response, Oceanside Police are increasing security at the middle school.