SAN DIEGO -- A new fire history map created by Cal Fire illustrates the danger zones in San Diego County that are ripe for wildfires.
The red areas of the map show the zones that are full of fuels because they have not been touched by fire in over 40 years.
To protect your home the Burn Institute recommends:
- Cut shrubbery back 100 feet
- Practice your escape plan
- Test smoke detectors
- Keep matches and lighters locked up
- Use barbecue grill at least 10 feet from house
- Never use gasoline on coals