SAN DIEGO -- Arcing wires from a power pole lit up a hillside overlooking Qualcomm Stadium in Mission Valley overnight Wednesday.
At around midnight, residents in the 9300 block of Broadview Avenue noticed the light show coming from a power pole over a hillside. It appeared to be caused by some kind of electrical component malfunction.
"I was in the garage, and my wife came out, and the dogs were barking, and she said, ‘I thought you were in the backyard welding? Myron Oliver told 10News. “And I said, ‘I'm not that good.’ And the next thing I know, I come out and this is what's happening. We've been here 15 years, and I've never seen something like, this you know.”
San Diego Fire-Rescue and San Diego Gas & Electric crews responded. There were no reported injuries and no homes were threatened.