SAN DIEGO (KGTV) -- Taco Tuesday is a serious ritual, especially in San Diego. This week, you're getting another reason to eat Mexican food (not that you needed an excuse). Thursday, April 5 is National Burrito Day!
On Tuesday we asked 10News Instagram followers where to find some of the best burritos in the county. If you came here looking for food chains offering deals, scroll down!
Here are the best burritos, according to our Instagram followers:
- Ortiz's Taco Shop #2 / 1313 Garnet Avenue
- California Burrito
- El Capitan Cocina / 1223 Third Ave, Chula Vista
- El Capitan Burrito
- Tiger Shrimp Burrito
- Lucha Libre Taco Shop / Multiple locations
- Surf & Turf Burrito
- Cotijas Mex Grill / 2295 Market Street, San Diego
- Breakfast Burrito
- Buccaneer Cafe / 1508 S Pacific Street, Oceanside
- Breakfast burrito
- Tacos El Paisa / 840 S 47th Street, San Diego
- Carne Asada Burrito
Chains offering deals on National Burrito Day:
- Del Taco
- On Thursday the chain will give a free order of fries to customers who purchase a 2 for $5 burrito deal.
— Del Taco Restaurants (@DelTaco) April 4, 2018
- Celebrate National Burrito Day with San Diego's own Rubio's! They'll be offering any burrito for $5 all day with the purchase of a beverage (we're not sure if cerveza counts). Click HERE for the coupon!
- Sombrero Mexican
- Word in the twittersphere is...Sombrero's Mexican food restaurants will offer buy one, get one for $1 burritos. Yum!
- The Catch: You need to show them the Tweet when you check out! Click HERE when you do.
Celebrate #NationalBurritoDay with us tomorrow! 🌯🌯
Get any #burrito for just $1 with the purchase of a burrito!
AND Enter to win Burritos for a Year at any Sombrero location – tomorrow (April 5) is the only day to enter!
— Sombrero Mexican (@SombreroMexican) April 4, 201
- El Pollo Loco
- Burrito-lovers will be happy to know that it's a buy one, get one kind of day at El Pollo Loco. Click here for the coupon.
— El Pollo Loco (@ElPolloLoco) April 3, 2018