(KGTV) -- Tuesday is your day, avocado lovers! Chipotle Mexican Grill will celebrate national avocado day on Tuesday, July 31 by offering customers free guac. All you have to do is buy an entree through the chain's mobile app.
"Our fresh, homemade guacamole has a massive fan following," said Chris Brandt, chief marketing officer at Chipotle. "We want to show our love for the avocado and reward our customers' guac obsession. Plus, it's a major bonus that you can skip the line when you order ahead with our app or at chipotle.com."
Here's how to redeem the offer:
- Log in or create an account in the Chipotle mobile app or at chipotle.com.
- After selecting an entrée, customers can choose to add guac as an add-on, a side item or as a regular order of chips and guac.
- To finalize the order before checkout, customers should enter the coupon code AVOCADO.
- The offer is not valid for in-store purchases, has a limit of one free item per customer, and may not be combined with other coupons, promotions or special offers.
If you skip the offer, you can always make your own at home. The restaurant chain has their "not-so-secret guac recipe" online. You'll need the following:
- 2 ripe Hass avocados
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 jalapeño, including seeds (finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand), and be a nice dark green color on the outside
- Cut the avocado in half and then remove the pit (carefully!)
- Scoop the avocados and place in a medium bowl
- Toss and coat with lime juice
- Add the salt and using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved
- Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well
- Taste the guacamole (over and over) and adjust seasoning if necessary