(KGTV) - If you plan to head over to the Miramar Airshow, Sept. 22 -24, plan to leave early and plan for traffic.
Motorists are advised to head over to MCAS Miramar's Main (East) Gate from the Miramar Way exit off Interstate 15, or the North or West Gates from the Miramar Road exit off I-15 or I-805.
Drivers are reminded that they must have a valid driver's license, proof of current registration and insurance to bring vehicles onto a military base. A security guard will direct cars from gates to parking areas.
- What to see at the MCAS Miramar Airshow
- MCAS Miramar Airshow salutes Vietnam veterans
- What you can, can't bring to MCAS Miramar Air Show
If heading to the show by bicycle, enter through the North Gate on Clayton Dr., West Gate from Miramar Rd., or Main (east) Gate from Kearny Villa Road (except when Kearny Villa Rd. is closed 12 p.m. - 4 p.m. for the Blue Angels.) Once on base, bicyclists will be routed by traffic control to the bicycle parking pavilion near the flight line.
Certain ticket holders of attendees will want to be aware of specific parking areas:
- Free admission: Use the North, East/Main or West Gates
- Grandstands & Box Seat ticket holders: North, East/Main, or West Gates
- Preferred Parking: Special passes required. Accessible from Harris Plant Rd. off Kearny Villa Rd.
- Chalet ticket holders: Must enter through South Gate
- Handicap parking: Use West or North Gates
- Bus parking: Use West Gate
- Bicycle Pavilion: Located near flight line Airshow Entry Gate #2. Bicyclists may enter through any gate and follow directional signs.
If you need help locating your car, the base also recommends using a vehicle location smartphone app, such as Google's Find My Car or AppAdvice's Car Finder apps.