BBQ grill believed to have sparked car fire

SAN DIEGO (KGTV) - A fire that torched two parked cars at a Bay Terraces home Friday morning may have been caused by a barbecue grill left next to the vehicles.

The fire erupted shortly after 6 a.m. in front of a house on Duarte Place, near Hauser Street, according to fire dispatchers.

Responding firefighters arrived to find two cars burning in the driveway of the home. It took crews about 15 minutes to fully knock down the flames.

10News learned that fire investigators are looking into the possibility that a grill left near one of the cars overnight sparked the blaze.

No injuries were reported in the incident.

Print this article Back to Top