SAN DIEGO - Two people were hospitalized after an explosion at an apartment complex in Pacific Beach.
The incident was reported at about 6:48 p.m. Tuesday on Grand Avenue at Noyes Street.
According to the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department, there was not an active fire. The explosion was caused by butane used to cook some sort of drug, possibly hash oil.
Multiple units were damaged by the explosion. Three units in the building were evacuated.
The two victims were taken to local hospitals to be treated for third-degree burns.
Authorities found drugs at the unit where the explosion occurred. The San Diego Police Department's narcotics unit is conducting the investigation and exploring possible drug charges against the two.