The California Earthquake Authority (CEA) and the American Red Cross have aligned resources to help more people prepare to survive and recover from California's next damaging earthquake - by combining Red Cross expertise on preparing a kit, making a family disaster plan, and being informed; with CEA's strength and experience on residential insurance and mitigation.
5 Reasons to buy Earthquake Insurance
- Excellent financial ratings. CEA's financial strength is rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company (a company that rates insurance companies).
- Expert service. CEA policies are available exclusively through CEA's participating insurance companies, which handle CEA-policy applications, renewals, billing, and claims.
- Rates based on science, not profit. By law, CEA rates must allow it to remain financially sound and to pay all its covered claims. CEA rates are based on the best available science for assessing earthquake risk and do not include any amount for profit.
- Not tied to government budgets. California's budget issues have no impact on the CEA's ability to pay its claims, because the CEA is a privately financed entity and receives no money through the state budget.
- Without earthquake insurance, the cost of any damage is your cost. If your CEA policy claim exceeds your deductible, you don't actually have to pay the deductible before claim-payment eligibility is triggered.
Totally Unprepared: Will it Shake?
Will it Shake? Snowglobe Edition
Will it Shake? Fishtank edition