San Diego Clasico soccer event at Petco Park postponed until fall

SAN DIEGO - An international soccer doubleheader scheduled Saturday at Petco Park in San Diego has been postponed until the fall, the Padres announced Monday.

"With soccer fans around the world focused on the World Cup right now, we haven't seen the same level of fan interest for this year's San Diego Clasico that we saw last year," said Anthony Fernandez, with event promoter Pazzo Sports. "For that reason, we've decided to postpone the Clasico until the fall."

He said anyone who has purchased tickets will be able to receive a refund at the point of purchase. The organizers said a new date will be announced later this summer.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments