SAN DIEGO - San Diego Chargers head coach Mike McCoy Tuesday addressed the December fight at a downtown bar and restaurant involving linebacker Thomas Keiser.
Last month, Team 10 uncovered surveillance video from the December incident, and when McCoy was asked if there was any response or any future action taken by the team, he responded, "I think we've handled it the right way and I think as an organization, we handled it the right way … and I'll leave it at that."
On the night of Dec. 29, the 6-foot-4 inch linebacker got in a brawl with a barleymash employee. A source told Team 10 Keiser was at barleymash in the Gaslamp Quarter with a male relative, possibly his father, on that evening.
Sources say a manager told Keiser's father he was cut off from the bar because he had too much to drink. The linebacker bought another round anyway and that is when the manager threw Keiser and his out, according to a source.
McCoy did not specify how the team handled the situation during a news conference after Tuesday's practice. Keiser has not been suspended and is taking part in all offseason activities with the team.
McCoy was asked several times about disciplinary action against Keiser, to which he responded, "We're handling it the way we think is best and we'll go from there."
After the third question about the topic, he told reporters, "Next question."
Keiser had a court date Tuesday afternoon to prove he finished his anger management counseling. The San Diego City Attorney's Office confirmed Keiser's attorney appeared on behalf of his client.
No future court date was set.