GLEN BURNIE, Md. - Authorities said a 3-year-old Maryland boy lost part of his nose when he was bitten by a dog Saturday night.
Police in Glen Burnie were called to the 200 block of Glen Road around 6:30 p.m. for a report of a dog bite. When officers got there, they found the child had been bitten by a neighbor’s lab/terrier mix, WMAR-TV reported.
According to investigators, the boy may have put his face through a hole under the fence when he was bit. The dog was in his own yard at the time of the incident.
The injured child was initially taken to Baltimore Washington Medical Center by his parents. Emergency personnel went back to the house and found part of the boy’s nose and he was taken to Johns Hopkins Pediatric Trauma Center for further treatment.
The owners of the dog turned it over to Animal Control who will conduct further investigation into the incident.