As many suspected, the 'worst twerk fail EVER' video that lit social media on fire last week was a hoax! What makes this prank even better is that talk show host, Jimmy Kimmel, was behind the entire stunt.
The video shows a girl in her living room making a video for her boyfriend. Mid-twerk, a friend walks in knocking her onto a candle, setting her pants on fire. The clip abruptly ends with her legs ablaze.
Monday night, the girl in the video, who is actually a stunt woman and did not even use her real name in the viral clip, appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live for the big reveal. The rest of the clip shows Kimmel bursting through the door with a fire extinguisher.
The video was seen by more than 9 million people in less than a week! Kimmel said they shot the clip two months ago and uploaded it to YouTube last week.
"We just put it on YouTube and let the magic happen, and the magic happened," Kimmel said.
Watch the director's cut below and the explanation from Kimmel about their experiment.
Mobile users view video here: http://bit.ly/1fUsdNJ