7 children sickened by pot-laced brownie
Incident happened at Costa Mesa-area school
Last Updated: 271 days ago
COSTA MESA, Calif. - A half-dozen boys and one girl got sick today when they took a bite out of a pot-laced brownie at Pomona Elementary School in Costa Mesa and ended up at a hospital.
Firefighters were called just after noon when the seven children ended up in the nurse's office complaining of difficulty breathing, nausea and vomiting, said Costa Mesa Deputy Fire Chief Fred Seguin.
A student brought the marijuana-laced brownie to school and had the other children take a bite of it without telling them what was in it, Seguin said. They learned about the pot when one of the students said the brownie tasted funny and asked what was in it, the fire chief said.
The youngsters were taken to Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian to be checked out.
Copyright 2013 by City News Service. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.