"Everything from a thermostat to a Crock-Pot, all these things have the ability to transmit data," he said.
Garcia also suggested keeping cameras out of the bedroom.
According to a recent published report, the following devices found in homes could possibly be "spying" (or at least sharing or collecting data/information):
1. Amazon's Echo (and its Alexa digital assistant)
2. Google Home (Google's version of Echo)
3. Networked video games, like the XBox Kinect
4. Smart TVs
5. Facebook Live
6. Laptop Skype cameras (which face you at all times)
7. Home security cameras
8. Baby monitors
9. Internet-connected appliances (like Samsung's new Family Hub refrigerator that has web-connected cameras inside)