Ramona home burns to the ground in early-morning fire; Red Cross assisting displaced resident

RAMONA, Calif. - A Ramona woman was left homeless Tuesday after an early-morning fire burned her house to the ground.

The fire was reported at 2 a.m. at the one-story home at 15648 Mussey Grade Rd., the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection reported.

According to investigators, the blaze started as a result of burning candles on a table and then spread to the rest of the home.

The woman was able to escape the flames, but lost everything inside -- including her cell phone.

There are no reports of any injuries.

The American Red Cross was called to the scene and to assist the displaced resident.

WATCH LIVE: 10News Reporter Marie Coronel will have live updates from the scene on 10News This Morning from 4:30-7 a.m.

Print this article Back to Top